1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

changing colour of download box etc

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Cymru Wolf, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cymru Wolf

Cymru Wolf Thread Starter

As standard when you download something, the pop-up box is gray and the status bar is blue.

Is there any way that the colour scheme etc can be changed to your own preference ?

Also, can similar be done for a website that has a particular colour scheme (My new site will be in colours of black (#000000) and green (#009900) ? ? ? ?

2. marie500

marie500

My progress bars, download bars, and title areas are the same color as my "Active Title Bar" = Red. The box itself is gray, though. All my programs that have progress-indicator functions are red, like when Norton scans emails, the bar is red, and its title area is also red. Everything uses that color when they do their things! When they load up, when they get updates, I can see any color I want. If I changed my "Active Title Bar" to light green, all my progress bars and title bars would be light green, etc.. .You can make it any color in the palette.

The "Active Title Bar" color setting is in Control Panel>Display>Appearance>Advanced>..click "Item">scroll up for "Active Title Bar" & highlight it = under the "Color One" and "Color Two" boxes, pick your color. (I pick the same color for both boxes, I think it looks better). There are some other things there that might change the gray but I don't know - things like "Application Background", "Messge Box" - ?

If you do this, be aware that the main thing it does is change the color the color of your Internet Explorer main title bar. But it will look neato! (And you can make your Inactive Title Bar a color too - mine is light purple.)

3. Cymru Wolf

Cheers Maria,

Have done that.
    What about my second question ? Can this be done for a website, so that anything anyone downloads will show in similar colour scheme ?

4. Cymru Wolf

Can this be also be done for a website, so that anything anyone downloads will show in similar colour scheme to the site ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!