1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jdjh, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdjh

jdjh Thread Starter

Hi,

Could anyone show me the steps of changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493?

Thanks,
    jd

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Acer Aspire 5750-6493 laptop appears to come with an Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20 GHz processor.
    The only upgrade option you have with the majority of laptops is to add more RAM.
    That laptop supports up to 8 GB of DDR3 RAM.
    Why are you wanting to change the processor anyway?

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. jdjh

jdjh Thread Starter

to replace it with a faster processor.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I already know that's what you want to do, but it doesn't answer my question.
    Most people try to upgrade a laptop for a better gaming experience, so I'm guessing that's why you want a faster processor in it.
    Unfortunately, that option isn't available with most laptops.

---------------------------------------------------------------

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

With a laptop, you are almost always stuck with what you have. Even IF you could replace the processor, there is more to an upgrade than simply replacing the cpu. You must have proper cooling to dissipate the extra heat and you must have a pw supply capable of supplying the extra pw.

In short, I doubt you can replace the cpu with anything other than what was an option when you purchased the laptop. As an example if your laptop came with a xxx123 or a yyy123, you could upgrade to the faster of those however that is it.

If you just want better performance, consider upping the ram to the max you can install. From checking, it looks like that will support 8gig of ram. If you have a 64bit os, I would consider doing the above.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1159724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice