1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing Default Email Client - Choose Profile?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by CDobyns, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDobyns

CDobyns Thread Starter

I've configured a fillable pdf document with an automated email address submission button, which all seems to be working just fine. However, when I test it, Windows doesn't seem to know which default email client to use for email purposes.

I know that to change your default email client you:

1) The settings are located in Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Set Programs Access and Defaults>Custom
    2) Click the arrows pointing down to expand the Custom entry.
    3) The email programs you have installed on your computer should be listed here. Place a check next to your preferred email client.
    4) Press the OK button.
    5) Exit the Control Panel.

My setting appears to be correctly set to Mozilla Thunderbird, but when I invoke the Submit (email) button on my pdf form, I get:

[​IMG]

What additional tweak(s) do I need to make from here to integrate my email client ( I could have sworn I was done . . .). Thanks!

2. CDobyns

CDobyns Thread Starter

This posting has elicited a surprising absence of replies, so I thought I would try to resurface it, and append a little bit of additional information.

I tried initiating the automated email address submission feature again, but without great success. I reset the default email manually, and when I invoked the email submission, but that generated this dialog box.

[​IMG]

From there, clicking Continue generated the following output from the Microsoft Exchange.

[​IMG]

However, I still can't understand, why if I've set Mozilla Thunderbird as the default email application - why the email submission script doesn't pass the form through to Mozilla Thunderbird. Does any of this additional information help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice