1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing Default Font in Word 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bkford, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bkford

bkford Thread Starter

I have done this before, successfully. Now when I go through the steps, and say YES to saving a default font, it does not save it. I am not messing with styles or anything else--just trying to change the default font for the Normal style. All the steps I try seem to work, but when I go back into Word, the change has not held.

2. bkford

bkford Thread Starter

Forgot to add--my operating system is Windows XP.

3. Pedro15

Pedro15

4. bkford

bkford Thread Starter

I tried all the steps in that link. It simply is not holding the changes. I get the prompt that asks if I want to make this changes to all documents based on the Normal Template. I choose Yes. When I go back into Word, it's the same font as I had set before (some time ago, when this process WORKED).

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I have never seen a new default font to be applied to any old documents. The default will ONLY apply to the NEW files that are made on this machine.

Now if you redefine the Normal style, then it MAY get applied to the old documents, if they were based on the same normal style.

Also from the link above

6. bkford

bkford Thread Starter

Not sure what is meant here. I probably should have said the message that comes up asks if I want to apply the new default font to all NEW documents using the Normal template. That's what I want to do, so I click yes. But it does not do it.

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You need to tell us more about this system, is it a laptop, a work machine, what protection programs you are using, user account type and etc?

8. bkford

bkford Thread Starter

I have a Dell laptop, personal use. My anti-virus is Avira Personal. The ability to change the default font in Word did work at one time. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Normal style?

9. bkford

bkford Thread Starter

This site seems to address something similar, if not exactly, what I am experiencing. Of course, the latest Adobe is not 7, but rather 9, but the problem did occur at some point after it had worked previously, so something changed. Not sure I can figure out how to use this information to allow me to change the default font, but at least I know it's not just me.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906899

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1013092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice