Changing Desktop Icon Font Color in XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

uscgwifey

I don't know why I can't remember, but I can't lol. I changed my wallpaper from a dark color to a light color. Because my last wallpaper was so dark my desktop icon fonts were white. Now I need them to be dark and I can't remember for the life of me how to change them! I went to properties and appearances and clicked icon from the drop down menu, but it gave me no option to change the color. I assume that I was clicking the wrong thing for desktop icon font. Help :confused:

ramony

It's My Birthday!
hi,

don't select icon from the drop down menu. select desktop instead. see attached.

hope this solves your problem. :)

Attachments

Where do you go to change the sounds like the old chimes and gongs and dada? Greg & Grimm

ramony

It's My Birthday!
hi,

open the control panel and then open "sounds & audio devices". this should do for both windows ME and XP.

Attachments

Ramony,
Thanks for the info. Love your backdrop on desktop! How do you get to put pics into your message? Greg & Grimm

ramony

It's My Birthday!
hi,

click on the advance button when you post a reply. on the advance, you will have additional options to attach a file.

ramony,
How do you get your icons in control panel to line up all on the left side (as in your attached pic) mine are all running across the top and some get covered up? Greg & Grimm

ramony

It's My Birthday!
Hi,

click on View then select List.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online