1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing domains locked me out of computer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lonewolf23319, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lonewolf23319

lonewolf23319 Thread Starter

Hi there I recently changed domains because the computer used to be a work one and would not allow us to make new accounts/change the password. I followed the directions on how to do so on Microsoft's website and when I restarted the computer the account would no longer accept the password. I tried to use the command prompt to change the password but the computer wouldn't allow me to boot it in repair mode to do so, saying something about not having all the files or something I don't remember atm. I was able to make another account but it doesn't have admin privileges (might be a separate problem but there is no space for me to put in the admin password anyways)

Any advice?

Edit: Cant download or install anything as it requires admin password

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    The best would be to do a clean install of Windows and then you will have a clean machine with NONE of the Work protections.

3. lonewolf23319

lonewolf23319 Thread Starter

Thanks! I will certainly try that

4. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Dont know what instructions you used from the Microsoft website but in most work places they have a admin account not logged on to a domain, ask your IT department what is is and what the password is, or as DaveA said completely start from scratch.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!