1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing emachine case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redcash, Feb 6, 2007.

?

Is ATI better than Nvidia?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2007.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

Hi,

I have basically rebuilt my emachine t3306, but now i want to change cases. I have the new case. It is a black 702 matrix. I went to change the case, but had no luck it said that I did have an OS. I then put the old case back togeather. I've had a few friends look at it and they got the same response. Anybody have an idea? I know that it is a FIC K8M-800M Mainboard.( http://www.emachine-upgraders.info/dir1/motherboards/socket754/fick8m800m.shtml ). Please respond or email me at [email protected] . Thanks.

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

Wait--you changed JUST the case and it would boot? You put it back and it would boot?

3. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

I put it in a new case tonight and it booted, but i can no figure out the front USB, Restart, and Audio. I gave the info on what i am working with above. Thanks for any help.

4. Compiler

Compiler

5. telegramsam

telegramsam

Do you remember how you old case wires were connected? If so, look at those, follow them to what they are. The USB is probably the same--should be a 9 pin connector (which looks like a 10th one is missing).

Look for you old restart switch (if you had one)...follow the leads

6. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

The new wiring on he usb are kind of differant then the old. The old came wrapped and had a plastic pin connector at he end. The new one is all loose. I'm trying to figure out what to do any suggestions. Thanks.

7. win2kpro

win2kpro

According to your motherboard manual this is the pinout for your USB front header. If the connectors are single kk connectors they may be marked differently than shown in the diagram.

VCC=Power +5DC
    USB 5- and USB 4-= D-
    USB 5+ and USB 4+ = D+
    GND = GND

Pin #10 may or may not be used based on the number of USB wires coming from the front panel USB connectors.

Attached Files:

8. win2kpro

win2kpro

Here is a picture of kk connectors. The 2 on the left are single kk connectors which is probably what your USB front connector have. The next 3 are double kk connectors.

The pictured connectors are for a front panel pinout, but the USB motherboard header would use the same type connectors only marked differently.

Attached Files:

9. Ron the Geek

Ron the Geek

Win2kpro—although unrelated to this topic, I gotta know: PEBKAC? I've heard of I/O errors (idiot operators...) but this is a new one for me.

10. cyberpac9

cyberpac9

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair - PEBKAC....meaning it's the user...

11. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

Can anyone send me a link for my motherboard manual? I'm having trouble finding one. Thanks.

12. Compiler

Compiler

I gave you a LINK to anything that would have info about the mobo manual.

Perhaps... live with it... just plug in the standard reset switch... if its standard on the mobo.

13. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

I cannot find the manual on the companies site. Any suggestions? Thanks.

14. win2kpro

win2kpro

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice