1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

changing from color to b&w looses jpeg format(scanner)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mtzlplex, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed Thread Starter

Hi everyone. Today I am just trying to understand my scanner software a little better. I have a Canoscan LIDE 90 usb scanner, using Cannon software MP Navigator EX1.0, running on a windows 2000 sp4 machine. When I scan an item using the color mode setting in the software, I have the ability to set my format to jpeg, tiff, bmp, or pdf, but as soon as I set the softwares color mode setting to scan using the black and white setting, I loose the ability to format in jpeg, jpeg just disappears from the drop down format type box. I have figured out that all I need to do is to scan everything black and white/color using the color setting, but was curious as to why just a switch in the color mode from color to black and white looses the ability to save in jpeg.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

That is what my lide 25 does also, not sure why canon does it that way.

I sent Canon an email about this issue, I will post their response when I get one.

3. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915338

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice