changing from color to b&w looses jpeg format(scanner)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mtzlplex

Account Closed
Hi everyone. Today I am just trying to understand my scanner software a little better. I have a Canoscan LIDE 90 usb scanner, using Cannon software MP Navigator EX1.0, running on a windows 2000 sp4 machine. When I scan an item using the color mode setting in the software, I have the ability to set my format to jpeg, tiff, bmp, or pdf, but as soon as I set the softwares color mode setting to scan using the black and white setting, I loose the ability to format in jpeg, jpeg just disappears from the drop down format type box. I have figured out that all I need to do is to scan everything black and white/color using the color setting, but was curious as to why just a switch in the color mode from color to black and white looses the ability to save in jpeg.

That is what my lide 25 does also, not sure why canon does it that way.

I sent Canon an email about this issue, I will post their response when I get one.

You are correct, it is not possible to save a Black and White scanned
image as JPG. Unfortunately, it is a limitation of the Canon Software. As a work around, you can select Grayscale and then adjust the
settings when scanning. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open the CanoScan Toolbox.

2. Click on the Save button.

3. Place a check mark next to "Display Scanner Driver".

4. Click Apply.

5. Click the blue Scan button.

6. Scangear will appear. Click on the Advanced Mode tab in the upper
right hand corner.

7. Change the setting to Grayscale and change any other options as
desired.

8. Click Preview.

9. At the bottom of the right hand side, click on the Brightness &
Contrast button.

10. Make desired changes.

11. Click Scan.

The image will be scanned with the settings that you have chosen.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Thomas
Technical Support Representative

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online