1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing Fullscreen Resolution in Windows Media Player 10

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Skudge, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skudge

Skudge Thread Starter

I use tv-out to watch some live streaming from certain sites namely gamespot video reviews and I cannot find an option to change the screen resolution.

My desktop is 1280x1024 and the res I want for viewing on the TV is 1024x768.
    Windows Media Player Classic has the option to change but not 10 for some reason.

Is there anyway to get IE6 to use MPC instead of WMP10 perhaps?

2. kronus

kronus

Does your TV support 1024x768? I think you actually set that resolution in the display thingy in control panel. Under settings, there should appear two monitors. Click on the number two monitor and adjust away! Don't expect great results if you are using a regular CRT TV. They support a resolution of 640x480.

3. Skudge

Skudge Thread Starter

Yea, 1024x768 shows the whole screen on my crt. 1280x1024 pixels (Current desktop) res is too big for it, hence the reason for me wanting to change wmp res to watch on the tv..
    When WMP is in full screen it displays same as the desktop. I want it to display the custom res of 1024x768.
    I get fantastic results with 1024x768 on my CRT.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/441186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice