Changing home page from Google Chinese to Google English

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

prephil

Hi,

I'm having trouble opening my home page in an English version. I was messing around with Windows a few weeks back trying to install Chinese on MS Word and it's after changing a few things on Windows. For example, when I open IE6, my home page which is Google is in Chinese. I've reset my home page to google.ie in English on numerous occasions but it keeps reverting back to Chinese.

Also, when I click on the clock in the taskbar, the months appear in Chinese characters. Now, I had been fiddling with the settings and had added Chinese as one of the languages but removed it so it must be this that made the dates change into Chinese. How can I get them back into English. This isn't my computer - that's the main reason I'd like to get it back into English.

God bless,

Phil.

prephil

Sorted it out. Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>English (Ireland) as opposed to Chinese.

Ta.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online