1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing home page from Google Chinese to Google English

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by prephil, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prephil

prephil Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm having trouble opening my home page in an English version. I was messing around with Windows a few weeks back trying to install Chinese on MS Word and it's after changing a few things on Windows. For example, when I open IE6, my home page which is Google is in Chinese. I've reset my home page to google.ie in English on numerous occasions but it keeps reverting back to Chinese.

Also, when I click on the clock in the taskbar, the months appear in Chinese characters. Now, I had been fiddling with the settings and had added Chinese as one of the languages but removed it so it must be this that made the dates change into Chinese. How can I get them back into English. This isn't my computer - that's the main reason I'd like to get it back into English.

God bless,

Phil.

2. spruce

spruce

Try system restore.
    Go back to a date prier to the chinese.

3. prephil

prephil Thread Starter

Sorted it out. Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>English (Ireland) as opposed to Chinese.

Ta.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!