1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing Internet Connections - URGENT!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mariosabljak, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mariosabljak

mariosabljak Thread Starter

Yeah, im kinda familiar with BlooChoo with my previous problems, but doesnt matter who responds to the post. I just need someone to help me. Anyways, i have a question. Right now I have a computer and a laptop (no one uses it). They both have internet including wireless for the laptop. But my computer also runs or shares the wireless. Which means if I unplug the wireless connection, my computer will have no connection. So how can I change this so that my computer runs normally on a cable modem? (Also if I unplug the modem, connection also stops. I have a cable connection from my wireless into the modem. I thought if I unplug this i can change it, but no..)

Please respond A.S.A.P!!

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sorry, but your post made little sense to me. I think that maybe you want to connect a computer directly to your modem and now there is a wireless router connected to the modem. On the remote chance that I guessed right, you need to unplug the modem, disconnect the router, connect the computer, wait at least 15 seconds after you unplugged the modem, plug in the modem, boot the computer.

3. mariosabljak

actually that is what i meant :p Im going to try it. Thanks for your response. :)

4. mariosabljak

sorry to ask, but what do you mean by "connect the computer"? The steps i did was unplug the cable from my modem running from the wireless connection, then i restarted my comp, and nothing happened..

sorry, but im a bit of a comp noob :eek:

5. pedroguy

pedroguy

If the cable that you unplugged from from the router is still plugged into your pc,the other end of that cable should be plugged into the modem.You might want to power down the modem and pc when you do this

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please supply the following info.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
    Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
    Make/model of the router (if any).
    Connection type, wired, wireless.
    Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
    Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
    Version and patch level of Windows, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice