1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

changing modems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dame666, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dame666

dame666 Thread Starter

Hi
    I have a sagem 800 [email protected] modem with tiscali broadband connected through usb but ive heard this modem is shite can i use another with tiscali if so how do i install it as i had ti install drivers for my tiscali modem i presume these drivers only work with the sagem modem tiscali supplied so how could i go about using a different modem or is there a way to tweak my sagem modem please help
    thank you :confused:

2. winbob

winbob

Are you having any problems with this 'for Shite' Modem?

Do you not believe in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it philosophy"?

If trouble were gold, we'd all be rich, because when we look for it we always find it! :eek:

3. dame666

dame666 Thread Starter

no problems i dont think just wondered if the modem was effecting the consistancie of my speed as it slows somewhat between 7-11 at nite tiscali is suppose to be sorting it out.any ideas
    thanks

4. winbob

winbob

"it slows somewhat between 7-11 at nite"

Do you think there is anyone else on during that time :confused: :D

5. dame666

dame666 Thread Starter

I know the more people online the slower it makes surfing but i read a article where the guy said his speed never drops.how does he manage this. :eek: ;)

6. winbob

winbob

He probably Lies :D

I use cable Modem currently at 3Mbs, but there are websites and servers that get periodically very busy and my response..well....sucks....sometimes times out.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice