1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

changing monitor's aspect ratio

Discussion in 'Games' started by TJG, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJG

TJG Thread Starter

Hi. My name is Tom. I am looking for someone to help me figure out how to change my monitor's aspect ratio from a 16:9 to 4:3 so that I can play the game, "LOTR: The Battle for Middle Earth 2. I am using Windows Vistas. Thanks.

2. McTimson

McTimson

The physical aspect ratio of a monitor can't be changed, it simply has to do with the dimensions of the monitor. However, you can change the resolution to pretty much whatever you want, including the standard 4:3 resolutions. What is the exact error message that you get? Most games can change the resolution on their own, especially new ones, I've never had a problem playing any games on my widescreen monitor. Still, if you think you need to change it, it's just right-clicking the desktop, hit nVidia control panel, and 'Change resolution' on the left, under Display.

3. TJG

TJG Thread Starter

Hi. Thanks for responding. The game starts to load and then says windows is closing the program, then a window which says microsoft will send an error report, which they don't. So I look around in the read me file and find something under troubleshooting which says, "The Battle for Middle Earth 2 only supports monitors running in 4:3 mode." Granted a little out of context for my issue, but I was willing to try. I currently have my monitor's resolution set at 1024x768, which I now understand to be a 4:3 setting.--? Anyhow the game is still not running. I guess I will try something else. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!