Changing My Processor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kasjr2

I currently have a P-II 266mhz processor. I recieved a P-III 500 mhz processor from a buddy. Can I use this on my Existing board with out frying my computer?

[Edited by kasjr2 on 03-28-2001 at 04:48 PM]

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
We're going to need more info on your computer, what brand, model, what motherboard, etc.

kasjr2

not too sure on what type of board this is....Computer is a Compaq Presario 4834 model, about 4 yrs old...still the original board...will have to look at it when I get home

kasjr2

ok well looks like I'll be looking for a new board....thanks for the help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online