1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing NAT Settings on NR041 Linksys Network Anywhere Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kappington, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kappington

kappington Thread Starter

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I use the IP 192.168.1.1 and get the log-in box but when i try admin for the password or username it doesn't work. Does anyone know if I can figure out the username? If so, I pretty sure I know the password.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can reset it to factory defaults and use the default user name/password.

You will get no help in bypassing password restrictions for any device here, please see the TSG Rules.

3. kappington

Sorry, didn't mean hacking though. i thought it could be retrieved from a file or something. Anyway, when I do this, will I have to reconfigure my connection or anything like that?

4. JohnWill

There's no "file" with the name or password. Obviously, setting the router to factory defaults may require some reconfiguration, especially for the wireless encryption.

5. kappington

What will I have to do to bring the connection back? And it's a wired router, so does that make it easier to reconfigure?

6. kappington

I tried resetting the router, and it works, but do you know the default? I tried just admin as the username, just admin as the password, and admin as the user name and password but it didn't work.

7. JohnWill

If you have a cable modem, or a DSL modem that doesn't require the name/password to connect to the ISP, it'll probably work right from the factory reset. How about telling us exactly what modem and ISP you have?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice