1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing out CD-ROM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Langn71, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Langn71

Langn71 Thread Starter

I am not the smartest gal on the block when it comes to my computer, but I try to take care of it best I can. My daughter was on it playing CD'S and managed to somehow cause it to not work at all anymore. I have a back-up cd-rom from another Emachine that no longer work's. Here's what I want to know. I want to replace it but dont know how to go about it. Do I need to unistall the current CD-ROM before changing them out? And if so what all do I need to unistall? What files specifically is what I mean. Once it is replaced, will the drive detect the new one and install, or will I have to do that manually. Please bear with me, like I said, am quite a beginner at this, but I really want to learn to do more so that I can take better care of my machine.

Thank you so much

Nan:):)

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice