1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

changing screen saver remotely

Discussion in 'Networking' started by elang, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elang

elang Thread Starter

I'm trying to figure out a way to remotely change the screen saver on all workstations at my site. Workstations are running win95/98, and I need to modify the existing files on the machines to the following:

system.ini:

SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SCROLL~1.SCR

control.ini:

[Screen Saver.Marquee]
    Text=Test Screen Saver
    Font=Eras Ultra ITC
    Size=50
    BackgroundColor=0 0 0
    TextColor=0 104 160
    Speed=20
    Attributes=00010
    CharSet=0

Any ideas on accomplishing this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Elang

2. Rockn

Rockn

If all the machines are the same, just run a logon script that will throw it on there. You can also create a reg file and do it that way. Or you could create a global policy where everyone uses the same screensaver. If you want to do them all one by one you can do it remotely http://www.sysinternals.com/files/psexec.zip

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice