changing screen sizes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lsp

Help. My son hit the settings icon and doesn't know what he changed but I can't seem to change the size of the active screen to fit into my viewing area. The bottom part of the screen remains hidden lower than the task bar and I cannot make it scroll any higher in order to "ok" "cancel" or "apply" a new command. How can I change this back?

Bryan

Bryan
Assuming you are able to change the screen size to say 800x600 but you aren't able to get to the OK, Cancel or Apply buttons, do this,

Move the screen size slider to the setting you want and then press the "Tab Right" arrow key 4 times and then press Enter. Press Enter again if prompted to Apply the changes.

Let us know what happens.

If that doesn't work, let us know if your running W95, W98 or Windows ME and if this just happened within the last 5 days.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online