1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing the Bus Speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paiser, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Paiser

Paiser Thread Starter

Hi hi!

My computer main board is spporting 266 FBS mghz but i got a athlon 2500+ barton 333FBS mghz bus speed... this is makin my cpu all weird.. so just for askin can i change my bus speed? if i can how can i do it? My Mainboard is shuttle fx41 model and has via km266 please help my problem...

2. scmazter

scmazter

Sure, you can overclock your FSB by going into the BIOS as your comp is starting up.
    When it is starting u'll c something like "Press del to eneter setup", Press watever it will tell you, look at all the bars and options, somewhere there will be an FSB speed options, just make it higher. Although be careful, cuz overclocking is dangerous, also you might have to overclock your momory core speed too, to keep it in a ratio with the FSB, but some bioses adjust that stuff automatically.

3. compilerxp

compilerxp

KM266 chipset only support 200/266bus speed CPUs. It may overclock a bit, but it doesn't run 333mhz.

Return the CPU and exchange it for a compatible chip. A 2400 or 2600 should work. Confirm that your BIOS support the chip or download and update the BIOS.

fx41 is not listed as a shuttle mainboard. But I gather its the SK41G SFF system.

4. Paiser

Paiser Thread Starter

thank you for your concern i will exchange my cpu... thank you...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice