1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing the default opening folder/directory in the Works word processor

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by royeo, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royeo

royeo Thread Starter

I have Windows XP Pro, SP2 and version 8.0 of Works.

Now when I start up the Works word processor and I use the "Open" function, it always opens in "My Documents". When I use "WordPad" it opens in the last folder used. Is there a way to make the Works word processor act like this? If not, is there a way to change the default opening folder? (Also is there a way to change the default location where a file is saved?)

Also, since this is closely related, I'll ask this: When you use the Open function in the Works wp, you get the "Open" dialog box. At the bottom there is a drop down box called, "Files of type". It always opens with "Works Document (*.wps). If you click the drop down box, one of the options is "All Files (*.*). Is there a way to change it to this?

Thanks,

royeo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice