1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing the default photo program from Picasa to Windows default

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by brainwave89, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brainwave89

brainwave89 Thread Starter

I have been using Picasa to automatically import photos from my digital camera. I would prefer that not to happen anymore. I have stopped Picasa Media Detector from starting on startup but Picasa still opens automatically when I insert my cable from my camera to the my desktop (xp home).
    What can I do to stop Picasa from behaving this way and having the default Windows program to import my photos?
    Thank you for looking.

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

If you get a mass storage drive letter when you connect your camera you can try connecting the camera so the drive letter is present, then right click on the drive and choose properties and in properties select the autoplay tab and specifically select an action for the type of files present such as open folder for viewing in windows explorer or whatever else is available.

If that doesn't work let us know, maybe media detector is running as a service and that needs to be shut down or something.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/730424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice