1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing the format of disks burned using a HDD DVD machine

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Giraffe76, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Giraffe76

Giraffe76 Thread Starter

Hi all,

Just registerd on here and i can see theres alot of good people around with great and free advice so i was wondering if anyone can help me with my problem and hopefully i can add to the advice in the future.

I have a HDD DVD machine with a built in 160gb hard drive that i use to record films from tv, then burn to dvd. The problem i have is that these films that i have burned to dvd via the HDD DVD machine can only be watched by the dvd player that comes built in with the HDD DVD machine.

Is there any software out there that will change the format of the dvds so that i can watch them on other dvds?

Regards

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Do you know if there's any sort of DRM (digital rights management) firmware on the recording machine? It might not be possible if there is. Can you play the DVDs in a computer? If not can you see the video file format if you explore the DVD with a computer? What is it if you can? Is there a provision in the DVD recorder to finalize the DVDs and have you used that?

Answers to those questions will help to possibly determine if there's a plan of action you can follow to be able to play them (or converted versions of them) on different players.

3. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

A make and model would help.

4. Giraffe76

Giraffe76 Thread Starter

I live in spain, the make is Emax Model AS711.

I dont have a clue whether there is any DRM firmware, is there anyway of telling or finding out? The laptop that im using recognises that there is a dvd in the drive and gives me different options to open it but when i look at the drive via the my computer icon it shows me nothing.

When i burn the dvd in the hdd dvd machine i just add the film or films and tell it to start burning, its doesnt give me anymore info other than to say its finished..

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Sorry, I couldn't find out much at all about the box except that its manufactured in France maybe or at least that's where Google sends me to forums. You might try a recovery analysis with something like http://www.cdroller.com/ or similar software to try and get a better idea about what's on one of the discs after its been made.

I would need an in-depth owners manual to maybe give you a more positive course of action or be able to tell you its not worth the bother.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice