1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing the icons!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Chinky999, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chinky999

Chinky999 Thread Starter

Does anyone know how I can change all the icons of windows!! Like search , run, folders, control panel, and control panel options??? I have some icons that I want windows to use!! How can I do that??? Thanx!!(y)

2. Spider111

Spider111

1)To change the icons on the desktop go to control panel>>display>>desktop>>customize desktop>>general>>change icon.
    2)To change an icon of the particular program/application right click the icon to be changed >>properties>>shortcut>>change icon.
    3)To change an icon on the taskbar use procedure 2).

3. Chinky999

Chinky999 Thread Starter

Nope!! Doesnt help!!! Only for some!!! Not for default!!!

4. Leinan

Leinan

Hello, I just want to open this thread again coz' I also want to know how to change windows xp default icons. I hope someone can help here. Thanks in advance. :)

5. Chinky999

Chinky999 Thread Starter

Hi there!!! Well I m here to tell u that u can change some Defaukt Icons of WinXP!! Jst search for Custom Icons!! Its a great software!! Really Good!! Try it and Tell me how it is!! BTW where r u frm???(y)

6. Leinan

Leinan

hi Chinky999 am surprised that your going to reply about this, :D we'll I have d/l a lots of icons to replace WinXP icons default icons, I hope the program Custom Icons will do, Thanks for your info, am from Philippines. How about you? ;)

7. Chinky999

Chinky999 Thread Starter

Hi there Leinan!! Nice to see ur reply!! Well, I did jst like u did!! Dwnlded a lot of Icons only to find that windows default icons cannot be changed!!:eek: :eek: Then I heard of Custom Icons!! Bt its nt that good!! Jst go to dl.phazeddl.com or www.katz.ws and search with Icons!! :) U'll se so many third party softwares that are awesome!! Try them too!! And Im frm India!! im currently doing English Honours and A Diploma in Animation!! U tell!! Wat do u do??? Looking for ur reply buddy!! See ya!! And Take Care!!(y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/528680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice