1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing the multiplier in voltage/frequency option in Bios?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pacify, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pacify

Pacify Thread Starter

I need to change the multiplier in the voltage/frequency option in bios. But I can only change FSB, I dont know how to change multiplier. My board is MSI PT8 Neo LSR (Intel)Socket 478, (I really dont think it is necessary to mention all this). Reason I need to do this is that my Pc is heating up, I have to lower it.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You do realize that will lower performance by lower either, or both, the FSB and the multiplier? Addressing why its overheating would be the better approach, you may need a new fan or a cleaning of the computer.

3. Pacify

Pacify Thread Starter

I cleaned my computer recently, so I think it is the fan speed. Its a little above 2000. Is there anyway I can increase it in bios or manually on the motherboard or through some program.

4. Kenny Gates

Kenny Gates

why not just buy an new heatsink and fan.? instead of the stock one you have.?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There may be some fan speed settings in the BIOS but you'll have to refer to the manual or just take a look.

Actually, how hot is the processor?

6. Pacify

Pacify Thread Starter

It normally stays around 45-46 in this time of year, but whenever I run even a simple program it shoots up all the way above 50, even sometimes upto 60 when I try to play any game (this is when the Air Conditioner is on).

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well thats not that bad. Check the BIOS to see if there is any fan settings, but even if they are any settings, under load the fan should go to 100% automatically. An aftermarket cooler should be able to keep it under 60 all the time.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice