Changing the name of the the folder “documents” in OneDrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Katrine03

Hi. Some time ago, I changed the name of a folder I think was called “documents” inside my OneDrive folder. Since then I have read that it is a bad idea to change the name of the documents folder in OneDrive. Is this true?
Thanks in advance.

If you have OneDrive setup to automatically sync the "Documents" folder on both OneDrive and your computer, I would not recommend renaming either one of them for fear of messing up the auto-syncing.

Katrine03

If you have OneDrive setup to automatically sync the "Documents" folder on both OneDrive and your computer, I would not recommend renaming either one of them for fear of messing up the auto-syncing.
Hi. Thank you for the answer. Does that apply to all folders?

I can see that there is two folders with the same name “documents”. The first one (Which is the one with the name that I changed) looks like a completely normal folder, which is why I thought I could change the name of that folder. I can’t directly see the second folder named “documents”, but I can see that all my files are stored in a folder called “documents” if I view the path of any file (hope it makes sense). Which folder are you referring to? Does that apply to both?

From what I know, there has been no syncing-problems since changing the name. Would you recommend changing the name back to the original name or should I just let it be?

Sorry for the many questions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online