Changing the Title in Boot menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Padawan

I am currently making a boot disk out of an old Windows 98 Boot Disk.

After the disk is created I am making a config.sys and autoexec.bat files to do what I need done.

The config.sys is creating a menu that allows me to choose different options using the [MENU] and MENUITEM commands.

Now this is very minor because it in no way effects the way the disk works (The whole disk works perfectly) but on the Menu in the top left corner it says Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu. Is there a way to change that? Is there a simple command to do it I am over looking?
In the original 98 Boot Disk I have it has io.sys file and in that file I find what I think controls that, (This is when it is opened with notepad) but when I make changes to it makes the disk unbootable. It just displays a bunch of random characters and beeps at me. I tried taking off all the attributes, making the change, and then reapplying attributes but that didn't work.

Now I am using an XP machine to make all the changes to the disk. And XP shows the MSDOS.sys file on the disk to be completely empty. Maybe working on an XP machine might somehow change the file when it is resaved? I wasn't sure but any help would be grateful. Like I said this in no way changes how the disk boots. I just thought a different Title would be nice :) You know just more customization and more fun :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online