1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Changing title of google doc on Samsung S9+?

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by bj nick, Feb 17, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I use Google Drive/Docs all the time on my phone....somehow this seems like the first time I've needed to change the title of a document, but I can't find the "rename" option. I did some online research, but nothing worked. Obviously the "workaround" is just come home then change it instantly on my desktop or laptop. But I'd really like to know how to do this on my phone. Thanks for what I assume will be a painfully simple and obvious solution I'm missing.

2. TXjim

TXjim

First Name:
    Jim
    Hi bj nick,
    When viewing your list of documents simply select the 3 dots (ellipses or more) icon and select the rename option.
    Cheers, TXjim

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Nope! First thing I tried, but the "rename" option is not offered. I tried literally EVERYWHERE and could not find that option. I tried on my Google Drive, on the site (docs.google), all of that. It's gotta be somewhere......

4. TXjim

TXjim

First Name:
    Jim
    Hi bj nick,
    Do you own the file or has it been shared with you? If shared you will need to ask the owner for edit privilege. Otherwise, you can copy the document and name it as you prefer.

Please keep us informed by updating us on your progress as your solution will assist others in this forum experiencing similar or the same challenge.
    Cheers, TXjim

5. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I own the file.....it's just a regular 'ol Google doc. I wanted to take some notes, so I created a new doc, entered a lot of details over the next few days (conference), and found myself unable to change the title. like I said, I explored this online, looked everywhere on the phone, settings, etc, to no avail. Of COURSE when I get to my computer, I can change the title in two seconds.....but it's annoying not to be able to do it on my phone.....the computer is not always nearby or available. If anyone can figure this out, that would be great.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    upload_2020-2-25_9-49-28.png

This is from Google. So to confirm, you go into the GoogleDocs application, open the file, then click on More > Rename but Rename is not available?

Then make sure that the Google apps are up to date, then the next step is to remove them, then reinstall them.

7. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Never mind. I am an IDIOT. I wasn't scrolling down far enough........ugh.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Happens to the best of us :D

Glad I could help (y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!