1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

changing users password on a domain server

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Access2k, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access2k

Access2k Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how someone can change a user password from his own PC.
    I have a user that change his password. I am not sure how he has done that. since I always have to go to the domain server to change users password.
    He had administrative access to his PC, since then I have change it to restricted.
    I am just curious of how he changed his password. since I have all user set for the password not to expired and user can not change the password... well that much for that.

Thanks

2. Tapeuup

Tapeuup

Sounds like your trying to hack an administrator's password.

3. Access2k

Access2k Thread Starter

Never mind I went to the server and he was the only user that had "User cannot change password" unmark so I guess he was able to chnge his own password. I change that. Here we do not allow anyone to change passwords. Well they can but I have to do it for them.

thanks
    JAC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!