1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing View Default in "Save As"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by robachx, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robachx

robachx Thread Starter

I'm running XP Pro with SP 2.

Whenever I work with my photos in any editing software and save the results, the "Save As" dialog box always opens with the "Thumbnail" view.

I prefer to use the "List" view but I have to change to that view every time.

I have gone to Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View and checked the "Do not cache thumbnails option.", but it only affects folders in Explorer.

Is there a way to make "List" the default in the "Save As" dialog?

Thank you.

2. Body&Spirit

Body&Spirit

Go to the "View" menu to make your selection, "List"

3. robachx

robachx Thread Starter

As I said in my post:
    " I prefer to use the "List" view but I have to change to that view every time."

I'm asking if there's a way to change the default from "Thumbnails" to "List".

4. Body&Spirit

Body&Spirit

Hmmm

I presume from your response that it returned to Thumbnails.

Go into Tools/Folder Options/View and tick "Remember each folder's view settings"

5. robachx

robachx Thread Starter

I have already done that but it only affects the folders within Explorer. It has no affect on the "Save As" dialog in any of my photo editing programs.

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice