Changing View Default in "Save As"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robachx

I'm running XP Pro with SP 2.

Whenever I work with my photos in any editing software and save the results, the "Save As" dialog box always opens with the "Thumbnail" view.

I prefer to use the "List" view but I have to change to that view every time.

I have gone to Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View and checked the "Do not cache thumbnails option.", but it only affects folders in Explorer.

Is there a way to make "List" the default in the "Save As" dialog?

Thank you.

robachx

Body&Spirit said:
Go to the "View" menu to make your selection, "List"
As I said in my post:
" I prefer to use the "List" view but I have to change to that view every time."

I'm asking if there's a way to change the default from "Thumbnails" to "List".

Hmmm

I presume from your response that it returned to Thumbnails.

Go into Tools/Folder Options/View and tick "Remember each folder's view settings"

robachx

Body&Spirit said:
Hmmm

I presume from your response that it returned to Thumbnails.

Go into Tools/Folder Options/View and tick "Remember each folder's view settings"

I have already done that but it only affects the folders within Explorer. It has no affect on the "Save As" dialog in any of my photo editing programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online