1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing volume of individual speakers

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by GFofgaming, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GFofgaming

GFofgaming Thread Starter

Hi, I have Creative Inspire 4.1 speaker system. I wanted to creat something close to sorround sound by postioning 2 channels front, and 2 channels back. But, on the spot where I sit, the 2 back channels are quite far too hear. So is anyway I can change the volume of those 2 back channels? I want to increase the volume for it.

2. emoxley

emoxley

Not positive, but I think you need a sound card that supports surround sound, in order to do that. There are some cheap surround cards out there. Maybe you should check them out. I've seen them for under $40. Don't know how good they are though.

3. GFofgaming

I dont think u understood my question. I have Audigy 2 soundcard. I just want to know how you can change the volume of individual speakers, thats it.

4. smash

smash Banned

you would need 2 amps and a mixing desk to seperate front and back with different vols as your soundcard will only do left and right or you could just get a seperate amp for the back speakers

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

With my Audigy 1 you open the Creative Surround Mixer then go to
    'balance/fade' to adjust your front to rear volume.

6. GFofgaming

How would I do that? I dont have much knowledge in this. Is there any software out there that could do it?

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You have all the software you need. You'll notice with my cheap built-in sound on my ABIT MB, I have all the controls necessary in Sound Properties.

Attached Files:

• spk.JPG
      spk.JPG
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
  8. GFofgaming

JohnWill, I dont have any of those in my Play Control . I only have PC Speaker.

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm sure the Audigy 2 has the capability, I've never seen a sound card that supports four channel sound not have it. I have an original Audigy that had all sorts of options for adjusting stuff, it's living in my closet right now.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!