1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing wallpaper

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by alamal, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alamal

alamal Thread Starter

My friend is running Windows ME V. 4.9 w a PIII.

I notice that the wallpaper is changing to sometimes 4 separate floating cloud figures instead of just one. In other words it seems to tile itself. Also, it seems to turn to a negative look also. Not only that the mouse freezes up so it can't be properly shut down.

This sounds an awful lot like a virus to me. He doesn't have ANY virus protection at all.

Do these symptoms sound familiar?

Can anyone help out, please?

Thanks so much and may God bless,
    Peter

2. monted

monted

3. NetEngineer

NetEngineer

The "4 areas" of the clouds is because your wallpaper is tiled instead of "stretched". Right click on the desktop, go down to properties....select "stretched" instead of tiling for the wallpaper.

As for the "negative" look on the wallpaper....your video resolution is not set high enough for the graphic that you are attmpting to display, which would also cause your system to lock up...YES...that's right...sudden mouse movements with improper video drivers and/or settings will cause Windows to lock up.

Let's get the proper video driver installed...get you up to at least 800x600 resolution then we can see if any other problems exist...and ALWAYS...ALWAYS run some sort of virus protection.

4. alamal

alamal Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll run over, try it and report back.
    Hey folks, I reeeeally appreciate this!
    Peter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice