1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

chapters in a book in office 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by niedernsill, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niedernsill

niedernsill Thread Starter

Hello. I am writing a boolket, which are composed of individual text files and photos, which I would like to assemble into a single unit, but dont want it to be a massive 200 page long text file, but rather a list if links to the individual files, which can then be edited and changed as time goes along, and the changes would then be reflected at the time of printing, or compiling before print. This would allow for easy changes, insertions etc, and standardisations for layout, footers etc. "Table of contents" as I see it really only collates information from one document.
    One could do this with WORDSTAR and SUPERWRITER back in the 1970's (I am old) by giving the instruction that at this point," insert the file named xxx.yyy" and at print time, the file would be read and printed.
    I am sure this is still possible, but havent been able to find it in Microsofts help pages on the web.
    I would be obliged for advice or a link to the requisite page.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice