1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Characters/words in display and wireless profiles disappearing (Trojan?)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Woffiedog_1, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woffiedog_1

Woffiedog_1 Thread Starter

Greetings,

Dell1505 laptop running XP pro, Intel PROSet/Wireless. Display problems occur like the text of entire lines from my outlook e-mail list disappear. Usually followed by error dialog boxed that pop up without any text. Degrades to the point that when I go to shutdown text is missing from dialog boxes. When I reboot I often find that the profiles for my Intel PROSet/Wireless is gone. Rebooting solves problem for a while but eventually comes back. First started happening with one user account so I thought that it was a corupted account. Now happening with another account.

Some error messages that have popped up why this is happening are like:

1) Driver problem, driver not installed

2) image not found...

3) cannot access location 0x....

etc.

The disappearing of text in the display occurs for OS, Outlook and anything running. SOmetimes text of icons on desktop change appearance.

I am running NIS, Sana Security Primary Response, and adaware. Have also checked for rootkits. Scanned multiple times with various malware/virus programs online and downloaded but nothing came up.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers,
    Marc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice