1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Charger plugged in, not charging toshiba

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BECKY12853, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BECKY12853

BECKY12853 Thread Starter

Re: Laptop says, "plugged in, charging" but it's not charging

[ Edited ] Options

‎08-05-2014 05:52 AM - edited ‎08-05-2014 06:26 AM
    baffled
    I OWNED A TOSHIBA SATELLITE C655-S5128

while using last week charger stopped working
    i fixed charger plugged it in- no amber light or green

toshiba laptop when charger/ ac plugged in
    computer will work fine on ac power
    when charger plugged in computer detects charger and shows the icon on the battery icon
    computer detects battery and how much of a charge it has
    but it states charger plugged in but not charging
    the ONLY WAY I CAN GET CHARGER TO WORK AND CHARGE IS TO TAKE THE BATTERY OUT AND PUT BACK IN
    COMPUTER WAL LAH CHARGER WORKS AND CHARGES BUT ONLY TO 97 PERCENT FULLY CHARGED LIGHT (GREEN) DOESN'T COME ON

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A CLUE TO WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER
    &
    WHAT DOES TAKING OUT A BATTERY AND PUTTING IT BACK IN DO THAT MAKES MY CHARGER WORK I HAVE LOOKED AND LOOKED FOR A EXPLANATION TO NO AVAIL & THERE IS NO COMPUTER PLACE THAT WILL HELP YOU WHEN YOU HAVE NO INCOME THAT IS MONEY
    THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO YOU CAN OFFER~BMS

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

If you take out the battery when the computer is totally shut down, and plug in the AC adapter and start the computer, does the light on the charger come on, some are green, some not....

And, does the computer work normally if you are using just the AC adapter?

I would not use a battery that charged only to anything but 100% and here is why> overheating can result and cause a fire, I have had one laptop battery explode and it is not a pretty scene.

The AC adapter might also be damaged, but just answer the questions and will try to help further. I buy this type of Toshiba adapter all the time, and can point you to some reliable but not over expensive ones.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1130985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice