Charging laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

goldtoe

I am an old guy, and need some help. I have a Gateway laptop computer, and I am wondering how to tell when it is fully charged. It starts charging when a purple light comes on, and then after a little bit a blue light comes on. Does that actually go out when it is fully charged, or does it remain on?
Thank you.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Leave it for a few hours, I suspect it'll stay on. All the laptops here have a light that indicates they're connected to A/C power.

goldtoe

Thank you John Will. I suspected that was the case, but didn't want to disconect before battery was fully charged. Thank you again.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
When you boot the laptop and disconnect the power, the battery status will show up in the system tray, you can check the state of charge there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts