1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Charging light keeps flickering on and off and windows 8 charging icon keeps flickeri

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lucasderoo1, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lucasderoo1

lucasderoo1 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have got an ASUS k56cb for more then a year now and it has been working fine for my. But now i came across this problem while trying to charge the laptop while windows 8 is running. When the laptop is turned off i can charge my laptop but when i try charging it while windows 8 is running it keeps flickering.
    I have reinstalled windows 8 but that didnt fix the problem. And if i try to run the laptop on ac-power it will shut down when booting or shut down after 10-15min. Before this problem i was charging the laptop while working. I dont know if its the charger or the battery. I have measureed the charger and it is gives 19v all the time. I dont really know what to do know and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H815 met Tapatalk

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hello and welcome to TSG.

Have you tried running the laptop with the battery removed and just the charger connected ?

3. lucasderoo1

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried that and somethimes it will fully start up wimdows and it will beable to run for like 10-15 minutes before it suddenly shuts down(like if the power is gone) and somethimes it will already hut down when the ASUS icon is showing at the beggining of the start up. In that case windows wont even start up.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Is the charger connection to the laptop a good tight fit ?

5. lucasderoo1

Yes, i have never got any problems with it.

6. lucasderoo1

And i just discovered something. My battery is now 99% and im charging it while running windows 8 and it is completetly fine. I think the flickering starts at a when the battery is below ?% ill try to find out when.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1150774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice