1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Charging port is broke, keeps breaking, help plz.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Poxed, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poxed

Poxed Thread Starter

The laptop I am using is an ASUS, model K53S. The chargers port broke before and I had to get it replaced. I am not sure what went wrong with it. The same issues I was having before have begun again; the computer wont charge unless I fiddle with the wire for a long time and when it does charge the metal piece that goes into the port gets crazy hot. In fact, it got so hot that the plastic on the inside of the metal has started to warp and melt. The computer will still charge but it no longer seems safe to continue doing so. I don't want to keep dumping money in this thing if its going to keep breaking; the last fix was only a few months ago. Maybe the last people did not fix it correctly but I am uncertain. Ideas what is wrong with this port and would it be better to just put this computer out of its misery and get a new one? That is I do not want to keep investing in it. It is an ok computer but not that great.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It either wasn't fixed right, or the charger is also damaged and needs to be replaced, or it's taking excessive physical stress.

Most places don't charge too much for fixing DC jacks, it's way cheaper than a new laptop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1070354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice