1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chart Dates

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by userman, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. userman

userman Thread Starter

I have created a chart with selected sequential dates. Some of the dates are missing i:e 12/6 - 12/9 and some other as well. Well, the chart created displays not the dates selected, but rather every other day. Can someone offer a solution/reason for this? I'm setting this up for a presentation and it is really getting rather frustrating.:confused:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is this the X-axis as it will try an squeeze into the area

i have often used a format making the text into an angle and then all the dates can be seen - But the chart area needs to be large enough , as that may not work

can you post an example spreadsheet - so we can see the issue

3. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Take a look at the axis settings, it shows the interval to display, if it's set to 5 every 5th date is shown, etc.

4. userman

userman Thread Starter

It was the size of the chart area. Once I widened the chart, the dates fell into place as they should.

Thanks for the solutions.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    (y) thanks for letting us know

6. userman

userman Thread Starter

I'm back with another issue with the charts. Now they display days that are not even included in the chart range - i.e. days closed. The chart is numbering every day sequentially within the range including the days closed. For example, we were closed on 24 and 25 DEC 12, but the chart is displaying these dates in the axis. Any help please?

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice