cheap modem problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SAKMOT

hi
i recently replaced my netgear modem ,which stopped working,with a cheaper chinese model called tenda.i have since noticed that my internet speed is slower than usual.could this be because of the cheaper modem or is there some other problem.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks sakmot

Hello,

Have you connected the same computer to the modem/router with an Ethernet chord? I would recommend going to speedtest.net through WiFi and then through an Ethernet chord and see if there's a difference. If the WiFi speed is slower than the Ethernet speed then its most likely the router, if not, you may have a different problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.