1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cheap phones.. good idea?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by abcdjzmcbt, Oct 27, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. abcdjzmcbt

abcdjzmcbt Thread Starter

im going to buy a T-Mobile Wing with 2y plan, so im shopping online to find it cheaper than the store prices which are $300 http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Detail.aspx?device=acc8102d-4506-4eaa-bc2f-9c7b8ec1b1e0 .. but then there are websites like LETSTALK.COM that offer it for $50 http://wsf3.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=32869&search=wing ... i heard these websites only sell refurbs, but honestly if they offer any kind of warranty or insurance isn't it a smart move? what do you guys think? any advice helps..

2. fmguru

fmguru

Had really bad experiences with TMobil - no coverage anywhere - even though they admitted they had no caverage, they would cancel service - my advice DO NOT SIGN WITH TEH - but then, I coulod be wrong LOL

3. abcdjzmcbt

abcdjzmcbt Thread Starter

ok i see where you're coming from fmguru. but do u have any exp on buying phones online in general?

4. Wino

Wino

I have Cingular/AT&T. I buy unlocked phones on ebay and install the SIMS card and off and running. I do not have a contract of any nature with AT&T and can drop them at any time. My first ebay was a Nokia, the last was Motorola RAZR. Removed SIMS from Nokia, installed in RAZR and haven't looked back. If memory serves me well TMobile & AT&T Cingular have interchangeable SIMS cards as they use the same GSM protocol.

My experience buying phones (new) on ebay has been good. Any problems that arose were handled quickly and to my satisfaction.

When i had to drop my old analog phone, a Cingular phone rep told me to pay and get a new phone from them (this way, no contract), then go on line and buy an unlocked Cingular ready phone, install the SIMS card and return the original phone to Cingular for credit (you have 30 days to do this). I did. It saved me about $50 + I got several accessories that AT&T would have charged me for (car charger, hands free earbud, belt pouch).

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice