Cheap Windows 7 compatible graphic card for Dell Optiplex GX260

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

desigurl

Hi,
I have a dell optiplex GX260 system with 1 GB RAM in it. I recently intslled Windows 7 on that system. The Grapics are not proper on the system, the videos I watch are bit cracked. I tried to intsll various drivers for VGA but was unsuccesful. Please either tell me an option to intsll VGA drivers on the sytem or advice me a really cheap Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) compatible graphic card that I can get in Ireland or online.
I have free PCI slot on my PC. I read something about AGP slot on internet for cards but I am not aware of them.

Thanks

Hi desigirl. According to the specs I have looked at for Dell Optiplex GX260 (desktop) .you do have an agp slot which you could put a cheap card in ,you should be able to find an older ati or nvidia graphics card for under £30. Did you try looking at optional updates for a driver in windows updates .Dude044

desigurl

Ya, but Windows is not able to find an update for that.
I tried lots of tricks available on net, but still no luck in installing drivers.
I can go with any type of card but it should be cheap as I do not need it for any gaming purpose just to run Win 7.
So please suggest me some

desigirl. Just to double check ,the Dell Optilex GX260 comes in 3 model types ,Small desktop.Small minitower ,or Small formfactor model ,so its not just what slots you have ,the case size is going to matter .Dude044

desigurl

How can I know which model type I have? I actually got it of a friend who was leaving the country so am not sure!

Hi again desigirl .According to the Dell manual your small mini tower agp slot is 4x & 1.5 volts .so you need a card that is 4x rated ,a 4x/8x would proberly be fine ,but an 8x card might not work on that voltage , I would be tempted to pop into your local pc shop and ask there opinion , also having looked around it looks like it needs to be a low profile card .Dude044

Anyone else in here want to have a say ?:)

Also... the card selected should be a DX10 card to allow best compatiblity and drive support for Windows7. There are very few AGP cards left, much less those that are low-profile.

AFAIK... thr GeForce 5000 series are problematic for vista/win7.

For AGP low profile, at least ASUS sells a 4350 card.
For PCI low profile look at 8400 & 9400 cards by Nvidia.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online