1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

check boxes in email and forms

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bobkupfer, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobkupfer

bobkupfer Thread Starter

Is there any way to check and uncheck check boxes without having to use the mouse ( with keystrokes on the keyboard)? I've been wondering about this, wanting to do this for a while. I am a fast typer and reaching for the mouse slows me down. Plus, it seems to freeze up my juno email on the web when I CLICK on the send this to sent folder checkbox. If I just use tabs and don't click mouse into the different lines, it doesn't seem to freeze up, so I'm looking for the keystrokes to check a box without clicking on it if there are any.

thanks,
    Bob Kupferer

2. wizzkid

wizzkid

Hi,

This may be the solution:

After you have input a comment or a tick, whatever, press the tab key, then the cursor should jump to the next available empty box for another input.

Wizzkid

3. sekirt

sekirt

4. MsPCGenius

MsPCGenius

In most cases, if you can tab to the designated check box, you should then be able to tap your spacebar to 'check' the box. The spacebar should react like a toggle key (i.e., tap once to check, tap again to uncheck). You should then be able to tab to the next field.

5. bobkupfer

bobkupfer Thread Starter

I found it in that list sekirt gave on the microsoft site, mspcgenius was right, you tap your space bar when the dotted line is around the checkbox and it checks and unchecks it. I've been wanting to know how to do this a long time to avoid the mouse when typing.

thanks all,
    Bob Kupferer

6. sekirt

sekirt

(y)
    glad to be 1 part of the right solution:)

sekirt

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!