Check Cable Connection During Boot

SoUnsavvy

My Toshiba All-In-One screen says "Check cable connection, reboot and select proper boot device" How do I fix this?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

It sounds like your HDD has gone south, or the operating system files may be corrupt. Can you see the drive if you enter BIOS?

SoUnsavvy

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

It sounds like your HDD has gone south, or the operating system files may be corrupt. Can you see the drive if you enter BIOS?
yes I can still see the drive. I tried booting under default settings, under system config. I tried changing the EUFI firmware. have not tried restore system to manufacturer or any window repair because i can't get any farther than the initial logo flash across the screen and then the error message

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you got access to another computer that you can use to create the Microsoft Creation Tool? You can make a bootable flashdrive, boot from it and try to go into the automatic repair of your drive.

SoUnsavvy

Have you got access to another computer that you can use to create the Microsoft Creation Tool? You can make a bootable flashdrive, boot from it and try to go into the automatic repair of your drive.
Yes I have another computer...Sounds good but I don't know how to do that. I'll see if I can find YouTube video on it, Thanks!

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Let us know if you need any assistance with anything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts