1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

check disk/ user enviroment

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by allenlovesxp, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenlovesxp

allenlovesxp Thread Starter

Turned on computer it went to xp screen then it started checking file system on c (where everything is stored) said for file ntfs all 3 passed. Then it went to the welcome screen after about 4 minutes a window poped up saying user enviroment. In that box it said windows cant load the locally stored profile, possible cause insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.If problem consist contact your network administrator. Error report cant find inpage set up or layout. That goes away then another user enviroment window pops up saying We cant find local profile and is logging you on temporary profile changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Im the only user of it. When it loaded on temporary profile i did ctrl, alt, delete, for windows task manager it shows me on under users under shut down i can switch users. I tried that, it goes to user screen, then i clicked on my profile it sent me back to temporary profile. My computer had windows 98 i didnt like it so this friend of mine took it from 128 mb added another 128 mb (ram) its at capacity. He put a 15 gig hard drive changed the cd drive to a lite on cd drive because the original was not reading disk half the time. He put xp professional its been working fine for a year. My sister gave it to me a about two years ago shes had it since about 98 its an old but hp pavilion 4450. sorry about bad spelling.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice