Check this out......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

X_Gamer7

My dang video card....it works good, but its a hassle to keep it like that. Well, I got it to stop showing the green lines by pushing down on the corner of it, as stated in my previous thread. To make it short, who wants to hold the corner of it down with their finger while trying to do stuff? So, I "invented" with my smart little mind a way to hold it down. I call it "wooden rod". Yes, it works. Yes, it's ugly. Anyway, here's a pic of it:

Hahahaha, its great. Anyway, I have a problem with keeping the memory chips cool. Sometimes they get so hot (like when trying to run 3dmark03) that the card will stop responding :0. It almost burns my finger to touch them. Well, I did get 4 of the 8 chips under control with my other invention of the "old heatsink = new ram coolers" Yea, I cut up my old celeron heatsink, slapped some thermal paste on the RAM, and walla! But, I shouldnt have to do this, and the other ones are still scorching. Do you guys think there is a problem, and if so, how do I fix this? I was thinking its the power supply, it came with the case. It's only 350 watts. If you guys think I need a new power supply, I'm on a tight tight budget. $30 to be exact. So no dang Antec TrueBlue500w! hahaha
Thanx,
-X

P.S. My inventions ARE copyrighted!!! :)

Is that a $50 Deep Impact Heatsink?

Why not take some electrical tape and round out your drive cables. Maybe a slot cooler would help.

Copyrighted....dang I was gonna sell that wooden stick idea to newegg. From the picture it looks really crampped in that case, might just be the cpu hsf is the size of a bus. A good quality psu for $30 is though look on newegg under Coolmax i think the have some 400w for $38 range.

If the card will not operate at stock speeds with stock cooling, then you should exchange it. If it's out of warranty it looks like your out luck, past putting RAMsinks on every chip w/ some good thermal compound (the adhesive kind!) like Arctic Silver.

I notice you have at least one chasis fan. Make sure you have efficient cooling. You want good ventilation with equal amounts intake and exhaust, you should try to clean up the wiring in your case as already suggested.

And the poer cable for your Heat Sink fan is sitting right on top of the video card. If it is as hot as you say it it, it may melt the insulation from the cable. There are also heatpipe VGA coolers you can buy for your video card.

X_Gamer7

thanks for the help you guys. I will organise my cables tonight. I was thinking that the card is getting hot because of the power supply. O well, I just bought an antec truepower 330w for $35, so I guess i gotta stick with it. We'll see what that does.
Gotrootdude: yes, that's a deep impact heatsink. no, its not $50, I paid $35 for it.
Thanks,
-X

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online