1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

check win XP to be sure all components are there

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by davidreidok, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davidreidok

davidreidok Thread Starter

I have a several years old HP desktop that came with factory installed XP home edition.

Kept it current with all the windows updates

I have been getting messages especially when I do software uninstalls that lead me to believe I am missing some windows operating system components.

I do not have original XP install disks since it was factory installed.

Wondering if there is a service that will check XP home operating system and let you replace missing components if they are found.

appreciate any information and tips.

2. blkwlnt64

blkwlnt64

It would help if you could give us the exact wording of one of those messages.

3. davidreidok

davidreidok Thread Starter

I'm sorry, do not have the exact messages

best of my recall something to the effect uninstall was missing components and asking me if I wanted to browse for them

thanks for your help

4. Flags

Flags

David: If you have the Operating system Reinstallation disk, you can use that to Repair the installation.

Start the computer with the disk in the CD ROM drive and let it run until you see the Repair option. Use it to repair your installation.

I would back up any files you want to keep just in case you need to reinstall them.

You may also have to reinstall your programs , so be sure you have those disks available.
    Drivers you may need will be available from HP Support.

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

This site is pretty good at telling you what is missing and/or out of date

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice