CHECK YOUR IP ADDRESS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

$teve

<A HREF="http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/">SEE YOUR IP ADDRESS</A>

may be usful to some;)

going to a dos prompt (command Prompt) on your computer and typing in ipconfig and hitting enter will get you that info.

Better yet, it will tell you what Gateway you are on, as well your subnet mask. It will tell you this information regarding your own network connections, as well as when you are connected to the internet.

Go here for more info concerning this usefull little tool, which is included in at least Win98 and up!

$teve

yes randy...it also tells you that on the web page.......but this one gives you a nice orange background to look at:)
besides,not everyone know how to get to a command prompt.

;) good luck mate

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
Gee, it only shows my ISP and firewall addy and not my real one! :D

I just tried both ways website and dos-prompt.
Neither IP address, subnet Mark nor Default Gateway report the same number as the website's one! why?
Jose

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
Could be 'cuz you have a firewall!

£steve and RandyG, Can you tell me why when I use both of your methods I get a different answer. :confused:

The one on the web page could be showing the IP address of a computer at your ISP, your proxy, firewall, or router.

Thanks guys, both sem to work. However both also whizz past all the info. Dos used to allow you to scroll the screen or display it with the extensions /p or /w but this doesn't seem to work.

I'll keep experimenting.
TA :D

Dingus,

even though running the command is possible through Start, Run I find that it scrolls all the info too afst to see for me as well.

I open a DOS window by using a shortcut to it with the properties set to C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM

or you can run command at the Start, Run

This will open a window that you can run the ipconfig command in.

Stoner

Banned
I'm on 98se. I made a shortcut to Winipcfg.exe( in the Windows folder) and get the same info and stay in Windows.

Randy that done it perfect without scrolling. A much better way.

Stoner thanks but that doesn't give enough info, but thanks anyway for your suggestion. By the way, I would find out what your nickname means in Scotland, I think you might change it.

Another problem solved. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online