1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Checkboxes in Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by claudinemurray, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. claudinemurray

claudinemurray Thread Starter

How can I ask coworkers a question in Outlook 2007 (using checkboxes probably) so they can choose multiple answers? The question is: How many Canadian Capital Cities have you visited? Then I would have the cities listed in the email. Therefore, I can't use the Voting buttons because that only gives the person one choice to choose.

2. valis

valis Moderator

howdy, and welcome to TSG. :)

edited....wrong app.

3. valis

valis Moderator

not seeing that it is possible in outlook.....everything I am seeing states you need to use a different app and attach it (such as Excel or PP) or create multiple emails.....

4. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

If you have InfoPath as part of your Office suite, you can create a form in it and send the form as the body of the email message.

5. valis

valis Moderator

yay, WendyM....:)

how are you? (y)

6. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Did you know you can do this with the Excel web app? Did you know it's also free for everyone? If you have a Hotmail/Live/etc, go to your SkyDrive and create a new Excel file. You'll find the survey on the ribbon. Then share which whomever you want.

HTH

(Hiya all!)

7. valis

valis Moderator

howdy Zack! :)

8. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Heya! Always nice to see some friendly faces! You going to the Summit?

@claudinemurray: You could always use custom voting options with ranges if you want. For instance: 1-10;11-20;20-30. Not sure what you're looking for as far as options.

9. WendyM

Hey there gentlemen. :)

Zack, I know you weren't talking to me, but I did not know that, so thanks for the information!

10. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi Wendy! The Excel web app is constantly evolving. It's like this little hidden gem the Excel team keeps working on and continuously updates. To see the latest take a look at their blog:

http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-excel/

In fact, the most recent blog details how they now have implemented data validation in the web app - previously thought impossible!

11. WendyM

Uh yeah, I'm pretty sure Chris (cristobal03) is also going to want to know about this. Good stuff. (y)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1104956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice