Solved Checking my LAN Download and Upload speed at home

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ripcord2

First Name
Ed
Can someone recommend an Utility/SW I can use at home to check/monitor the speed of my ISP provider? My ISP provider has provided a link/SW but I like to have a second source to check the speed.

Thanks in avdance

Ripcord2

cwwozniak

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Chuck
Here's a link to one such site. The test link is at the top right.

http://www.speedtest.net

It might help us with recommendations if you told us where you are located.

First Name
Jim
The ISP provided link, will test to a server in their network and you should see the full speed (or faster) for which you are paying. This is the speed or test which is used to ensure your connection to the ISP is working as configured and providing the speed for which it is provisioned.

There are numerous other third party sites which you can use to test your speed as well. Those will often be slower as the speed is then affected by hardware outside the control of your ISP and by internet/backbone traffic/congestion in general.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online