1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Checking my LAN Download and Upload speed at home

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ripcord2, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripcord2

ripcord2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ed
    Can someone recommend an Utility/SW I can use at home to check/monitor the speed of my ISP provider? My ISP provider has provided a link/SW but I like to have a second source to check the speed.

Thanks in avdance

Ripcord2

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Here's a link to one such site. The test link is at the top right.

http://www.speedtest.net

It might help us with recommendations if you told us where you are located.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The ISP provided link, will test to a server in their network and you should see the full speed (or faster) for which you are paying. This is the speed or test which is used to ensure your connection to the ISP is working as configured and providing the speed for which it is provisioned.

There are numerous other third party sites which you can use to test your speed as well. Those will often be slower as the speed is then affected by hardware outside the control of your ISP and by internet/backbone traffic/congestion in general.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice