1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

checking processor type and speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by premsoman, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. premsoman

premsoman Thread Starter

I was planning to buy a used Dell latitude laptop. How do I check processor type and speed, RAM harddrive capacity of the machine?

Thanks,

2. rugrat

rugrat

premsoman

Most of that info should be available on the screen at boot. If it goes by too fast to read, hit the pause/break key and it will stop untill you hit escape. If a splash screen is in your way try hitting escape then pause/break. Another option, get the exact model number and go to Dell's website to see what the system specs are supposed to be.

http://support.dell.com/us/en/docs/index.asp?cc=12&ct=87

Good Luck

3. stanggt2

stanggt2

4. Marturo

Marturo Guest

I second the belarc download. I use this neat little program once a month to track any changes I might not want to miss. One other thing about Belarc is there are a lot of other programs like PC-Mechanic and while I don't understand why, I have 768MB of RAM and only 3 slots. PC-Mechanic and a couple of others reccomend that I can improve my performance by filling the fourth RAM slot, HUH. Now with Belarc it's just the facts mam. You get all the info you know about, and some you did not even that you had. It's so good, I would pay for it, shussh did I say that. It's good, It's free & it's right on target if you want to know exactly what's on your Computer, this is the way to go. Marturo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/70355

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice